Monday, December 9, 2013

Kazakhstan Presentation by Allie Kosherbek

Kazakhstan Presentation

First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Altynay, shorter - Altusha, or how local people call me – Allie. I am an exchange student from Kazakhstan at Mission High School. I have been here since August 30. Last week was an International Education Week and I gave a Prezi.com Presentation about my Motherland – Kazakhstan.
During my presentation, I was wearing my Kazakh traditional dress. I told students about basic facts about Kazakhstan. Then I was asking questions and for the correct answers I gave souvenirs from Kazakhstan. I brought 30 bars of Kazakhstani chocolate, and everybody got to try a piece of it. At the end I showed Kazakh traditional dance and taught some words from Kazakh language, like “Salem” which means “hi”, or “Rakhmet”, which is “thank you”.  
My presentation went in the best way I expected. It was a pleasure to give a presentation as the audience was listening carefully and even taking notes. For history classes, students definitely should have taken notes because the next day they were taking a test about Kazakhstan, and fortunately, most of them got good grades.
My American experience has been very interesting since the beginning. When I first came here, the next weekend my host family, the Vaughans and I spent a very good time on a Flathead Lake. You won’t believe me, but there I tried smores for the first time in my life! Here I also tried my first brownies, and, honestly, it was one of the best things I have ever tried!
 I am doing so many things to be a part of this community, and doing presentations was a good way to let other students know more about me and my Motherland. So far I have been participating in volleyball, which was unusual for me because in Kazakhstan at school we have only P.E. without special teams like volleyball, basketball, and other kinds of sports. I also passed cheerleading tryouts.  I am pretty excited to cheer because we don’t have it at Kazakhstani schools!
I want to do as much as possible to be involved in everything that is useful and interesting for me. Being a member of SSC and FCCLA volunteering clubs is so fun! With SSC club we organized a Halloween Trick or Treat party at school. We have bake sales for FCCLA, where I have cooked Kazakh traditional bread called “Baursaks”.
Additionally, I am a volunteer at Java Dog coffee shop at MHS and I like it there.  All in all, my aim is to volunteer 200+ hours and I am doing my best to reach this goal. So, I am always welcome to do help with volunteering activities.
P.S. If you would like to know more about Kazakhstan, or want me to give a presentation about my country, please send me an email me on altynayko@gmail.com. Looking forward to hear from you! J








No comments:

Post a Comment