Friday, January 17, 2014

My Christmas Experience by Dominik Stallings


MY CHRISTMAS EXPERIENCE

A few days after Christmas I had an amazing time. Christmas itself was quite boring since I really just wanted a video game and maybe just hang out with my parents. But I got something a few days later, on December 31.
It wasn’t only New Years, but it was also the day we got to visit a puppy from the Missoula animal shelter. His name was Philbert and he was the last puppy from the litter to be adopted. He is a Pit Bull-Yellow Lab-mix like many dogs around the area. He is a slender looking Pit Bull which was probably the reason I liked him so much. He is about 8 months old so he is still young and barely trained. He could only respond to “sit” and when you called out his name.
He is a very active little guy who loves running around and retrieving things for you, just like a retriever. He has been living with us for quite a while and has made us all very happy, aside from the occasional mistake he does, like stealing socks and shoes and chewing on them. Even though he has enough toys to chew and gnaw on.
But he is quickly learning things that are going to be quite important for him in life, like climbing steps and jumping into and out of our cars, Philbert is the 1st dog I’ve ever had so I am still inexperienced with him, but I too am learning about him.
He’s been quite the experience and I had quite the amazing time this Christmas.
By Dominik Stallings


No comments:

Post a Comment