Monday, October 14, 2013

A class visit from Jim Asendio

A Class Visit from Jim Asendio


            It was just another boring day at Mission High School. I was ready to go home, take a three hour nap, and pig out on some junk food, but no, I still had to go to my seventh period Journalism class. To my surprise, my Journalism class had a visitor. I have never seen the man before in my life, and I would have never thought he was as famous as he really is. When I saw him I thought, “Oh yay, another boring speaker.” Surprisingly the speaker was not boring in any way, and I was wrong.
            The speaker was Jim Asendio. Jim Asendio has been working in the journalism business basically all his life. Asendio works for public radio in Washington, D.C. He previously worked at WAMU-FM as a Washington news director. Jim has been all over in journalism, from broadcasting, producing, and interviewing. Jim is so big in the journalism business he has even interviewed Michael Jackson, Mike Tyson, and 50 Cent. In fact, during his interview with Mike Tyson, Jim gave Tyson advice about his money… Now 50 Cent owns Mike Tyson’s old home.
Jim Asendio’s stories kept me interested. He was an amazingly great speaker. He’s definitely inspired me to be a better journalist in my class.

By Cierra Dougherty




No comments:

Post a Comment