Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Alumni are Celebrating by Dominik Stallings

THE ALUMNI ARE CELEBRATING


The Alumni are former students who have graduated since the founding of Mission High School. We celebrate them with Homecoming; every alumni is invited to the post homecoming events like the homecoming parade or the bonfires. I interviewed a few teachers about the Alumni and I got some of my information from Mr. Fleming, Mr. Martin, and Mrs. Doll. They sadly did not know when the first Alumni graduated but I found out that the school was built 1954. They told me that the Alumni are celebrated since we are a small community and offer a great education; in my opinion the best you can get in our proximity!
 Alumni also love the school and Mission bulldogs in general. We celebrated the Alumni before with Homecoming, but there were no posters or skits, it just was smaller and in town circles. The people I asked love our Alumni and homecoming tradition since you can meet your old school friends. It shows that all the Alumni still have their school spirit and pretty much will not lose it.
 I’m happy that this exists, it bonds people immensely but is also very stressful. I found out that we had the Homecoming parade and, also, the Homecoming King and Queen. They got to ride on cars too, like we still do today. Alumni are just a great thing to celebrate and should continue to be honored for many years.

By Dominik Stallings


No comments:

Post a Comment